Labor & Workforce Development Agency
The State of California Labor & Workforce Development Agency (LWDA) is an Executive Branch Agency, and the Secretary is a member of the Governor’s Cabinet. The Agency oversees seven major departments, boards and panels that serve California businesses and workers.
Appeals & Benefits
News and Announcements
- California’s unemployment rate falls to a new record low 4.3 percent in December Nonfarm payrolls jobs increase by 52,700 (January 19, 2018)
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance benefits now available for victims of Southern California wildfires and mudslides. (January 18, 2018)
- DWC Suspends Seven Medical Providers for Fraud or Loss of License
- California Labor Commissioner Cites Owner of Six Residential Care Facilities in Los Angeles Over $7 Million for Wage Theft
- Cal/OSHA Issues Citations Following Fatal Bee Attack on Tree Worker
- DWC Posts Additional Adjustments to Official Medical Fee Schedule (Physician Services / Non-Physician Practitioner Services)
- California’s unemployment rate falls to 4.6 percent in November Nonfarm payroll jobs increase by 47,400.
- EDD reminds California small employers to begin filing and paying taxes online on January 1
- California Paid Family Leave and Disability Insurance benefits to increase January 1
- Department of Industrial Relations Reports 2016 Fatal Occupational Injuries
- Cal/OSHA Issues Advisory on Respiratory Protection for Harmful Exposure to Wildfire Smoke